Saturday, March 23, 2013

Wearin' Tatters




Tattered Florals that is!  That's right folks tonight is the last night to get your tattered floral project done and linked to Tim's challenge.  Seek the deets here. And I comin' in just under the wire with a cuff that I've been working on (and off) for a little while.

Tim does some amazing things with his dies, tissue paper, paints and all kinds of goodness.  In this project I took some grunge board applied metal foil tape to both sides and die cut the tattered florals with our vagabond.  I then inked up both sides with some alcohol inks ginger, sunset orange, rust, pitch black and lettuce.  Originally I used plum, stream, cranberry and bottle.  The colors were bright and a little too vibrant for this cuff.  After I had the floral  ready I inked a crystal cut button with sunset orange for the center.  I used some of that waxed linen stuff to hold the flower together.

Next I cut and embossed some grunge board and grunge paper to make the band.  Using distress inks I colored the grunge stuff with vintage photo, walnut stain, wild honey and spiced marmalade.  Hand stitched grunge paper to the grunge board with some metallic threads and gave
the whole thing a coat of CH multi-medium matte.  Next I ran row of large grommets down the center and used more of the waxed linen to secure the chain in place. (on the first cuff I made some time back, I used hitch fasteners, but the grunge didn't hold up)  DW had the brilliant idea for the chain and  I macgyvered it.





Well it's getting late so Hi Ho Hi Ho it's off to bed I go.

bye

No comments:

Post a Comment