For today's post I am sharing with you a painted chandelier. We salvaged (and when I say salvage, I mean never threw away) an old brass/crystal chandelier from our old house. It has been given a paint job and a second lease on life.
We had seen other painted chandeliers scattered throughout the internet and read the design reviews regarding the technique and whether it was hot or not. Some people think it's overdone, but since we didn't have one or two already in our home, it couldn't be entirely overdone, could it?
So for the cost of a couple of cans of spray paint and some alcohol ink, I say it's hot enough for now.
One of these days I'm gonna remember to stop and take pictures while working on a project so that I can share the full experience. But for now I have some close ups of some of the details.
I started the project by taking the whole thing apart and spray painting the brass metal with some Krylon
When the paint dried I added a little bling to flower centers to bring in a little pop of color. The rhinestones where self-adhesive but I used a little E6000 to keep them in place.
Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks, I thought it was for making Christmas Ornaments but could not find it. Anyway, I squirted the ink inside the glass parts and spread it around with a can of air. On the small crystals I applied the ink to the back side and edges with a handy cotton swab. So what was once old is new again!
And now that the chandelier is completed and installed in my daughters room, and since I used some TH products I think I can enter this at The Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Anything Goes