Friday, March 8, 2013

Altered Cheese Box!

Hi

OK, so Tim Holtz has a tattered floral challenge going on this month.  Go to his website for inspiration and see what other crafters are doing with the tattered floral die.

This week I was given the privilege of making a gift box that my daughter needed for a birthday present gift card.  The request was that the box match the personality of the friend receiving the gift.  She was described as liking modern clean lines and not frilly. Purple and blue were the color pallet to work with.

I have said it before and it still holds true, our craftcupboard (craft room) is a magical place, kinda of like the room of requirement.  just focus on what you need the rest take care of it self.

I found the 6 x 6 stack of DCWV Latte paper.  Never been opened, and purchased on clearance, goodness know when,  but obviously for this project.  I used a few of  sheets and cut flowers with the tattered floral bigz die and strip die.  I added some other purple paper and some ribbon  and cut a pile of flower pieces to use,

I painted the edges of the cheese box with Tim's new distress paints (joy) and covered the top and bottom with the most Mid Century Modern looking paper in the stack,  I built up various flowers using the bits and pieces fixed them in place with glue dots.


BrianK


No comments:

Post a Comment