Friday, December 16, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas, Day 7, 8 & 9

So Tim has finished all 12 of his tags, and I am still trying to catch up. Bound and determined here are my 3 offerings for days 7, 8 and 9.

Here is my offering for Day 7.  On this day Tim shows us how to ghost stamp and do so creative crafting with kraft glassine.  Here I used the kraft glassine in 2 colors for the flower and the holly leaves.  Here I inked the leave with bottle, lettuce and gold mixative AI and for the flower I use cranberry, watermelon and silver.

My ghost stamping doesn't show up so well but it's there.  I also used 2 stamped and embossed images because I didn't have a large enough season greeting to fill the space. 


So another day completed


 For day 8, Tim wanted to do a steampunk Christmas tag, and why not? 

Having used the gadget gears on Day 4's tag I decided to use the Spellbinders Sprightly Sprockets for this tag.  This is always the great debate, which to use.  It's like choosing between Coswell Cogs or Spacely Sprockets.  But I blather,  The sprockets were embossed with various metal colors and grunged up with black distress emboss and then coated with utee and then assembled.  The numbers are from Tim's idea-ology numerals, painted with snow cap dabber, embossed with clear sparkle and utee.  The coupon is from the stamp from odds and ends on some Graphic 45 Christmas Emporium Collection.  I also used various stamps from Tim's mini classics cms 062 in the background following the technique for the star of the tag.

For me Steampunk usually implies interactive and so my sprocket wreath opens up to reveal a special Christmas surprise, inspired by many Advent Calendars.







On day 9 Tim used a stamping and embossing techniques that I have never used before.  That's one of the coolest things about Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas, I always learn a new technique or an innovative use of some product.  And not only from Tim, but from many of the people the play along.  For this tag I wanted to keep the image soft and simple.  The picture does show the colors well, but the tag is chipped sapphire for the stamp and then inked over with antique linen and old paper.  the reindeer is snow cap dabber on black card stock with some clear sparkle and utee.


Three more tags to go!

Thanks for stopping by.

I will be entering these at Simon Says Stamp and Show as well as Inspiration Emporium Tim Holtz 12 Tags.

2 comments:

  1. These are all super fabulous...love your style! Congrats on finishing them all!

    ReplyDelete