Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas, Day 6

For the 6th tag of Christmas, Tim gave to us a faux metal enamelled technique to try.  Check out Tim's fab tag --->  here

I used my same metal tape that I buy at the hardware store.  btw I got this tip from Jack & Cat Curio from one of their videos.
I embossed the tag with the snow flakes.  I did not cut the metal and glue it on the top as Tim did, I simply turned the tag around and placed it carefully in the embossing folder and it worked out fine.
We are not well stocked in the acrylic paints, so I took the pearl dabber on my craft sheet and tinted the paint with broken china and chipped sapphire re-inkers. Painted the whole thing, sanded lightly. I used broken china distress ink and a clear sparkle embossing powder, let it cool and coated the whole thing with UTEE.  The tree is painted with juniper dabber and brushed with pine needle and peeled paint DI, UTEE and swiped with picket fence stickles.  The star is similar treatment as the tag but darker blues.  Now I must get some sleep in order to craft some more. (5 hours was ok when I was a wee lad, but dads need more)

Also I am entering this tag in Gingersnap Creations GC129 - Starry Night Challenge check out all the cool artwork there.

I will be entering this at Simon Says Stamp and Show as well as Inspiration Emporium Tim Holtz 12 Tags.
Thanks.

7 comments:

  1. Relly nice tag....I would have never thought of using UTEE on the tree and I love the way it came out. Can't wait to see the rest of your tags.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the meatallic background - very wintery.
    the tree is fabulous - i must try that!
    lovely tag!
    tonyR

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are brilliant Brian! Half the fun is finding alternatives to use on them, isn't it?! I love a challenge!
    Wishing you & your family the blessings of Christmas!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  4. GORGEOUS tag, Brian--beautiful texture and shine, it positively glows! Thank you for joining in the Starry Night Challenge at Gingersnap Creations!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Brian. Your tag is so pretty! I love the embossed background with the sweet little deer on top. I also love what you did to the big tree die cut. Way cool! Thanks for sharing this tag with us also at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a hardware tape fan too - still living off a bumper reel from years ago! This is a great metallic look and the deer is a fab contrast! Thanks for sharing your lovely tag and joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show. Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your tag being chosen as a Ginger Gem in the Starry Night challenge, Brian!

    Are you ready for a new challenge???

    :)

    ReplyDelete