Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas, Day 5

Hi,  Tim's 5th tag of Christmas looks really cool, almost easy.  But as I read through the instructions I caught that one little line, practice makes perfect for this technique and I knew I'd be all cackhanded on this one. 

For this tag I cut an ornament shape out of a piece of plastic and a piece of Tim's seasonal stack at the same time.  I then inked the red section with cranberry alcohol ink, let it dry, and stamped the design with archival ink and dab just like Tim.  And what to my wondering eyes did appear? The technique worked just like Tim himself came in did it.  So I go about doing the green section next, AI it bottle, let it dry, stamp it, dab it and it was all smeared and stuff.  So I carefully cleaned it with the alcohol blending solution, which cleaned off the archival ink as well, and tried again and everything worked out fine.  I fixed the ornament in place with metal tape (buy it at the hardware store in heating and cooling section) so that the background is silver.  Dressed op the tag a little with trim and some glittery stars and call it a night.
   
I really liked the technique Tim taught us with this tag,  hope to use it again real soon.

I will be entering this at Simon Says Stamp and Show as well as Inspiration Emporium Tim Holtz 12 Tags.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Brian......ANOTHER FABBBBY TAG....to say the least!!

    thanks bunches for playing along with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge blog!!!

    ReplyDelete