Thursday, December 8, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas, Day 4

Alrighty, it's day 8 for the 12 Tags of Christmas, Tim is chugging along, and I am trying like mad to keep up.  Actually I'm working at my normal slow, methodical pace.  I'm just glad that I have the time to craft again.

So for Day 4 Tim did a really cool, snow inspired tag using crackle paint,  check it out. Pretty impressive. 

We haven't had any snow since that freaky bit just before Halloween, so I found inspiration in the green, brown and yellows from our great outdoors.  My snowman is painted with silver and gold, and yes I hear Burl Ives as the snowman singing.  Since me is metallic I thought I would steam punk things a bit and used the on the edge gears instead of snowflakes.  For the background I used peel paint, wild honey and picket fence stains.  I added gears, where Tim used buttons.  The ribbon was a magical offering from the craft table, as it appeared just as I needed it.  Thanks for looking.

I will be entering this at Simon Says Stamp and Show as well as Inspiration Emporium Tim Holtz 12 Tags.

2 comments:

  1. love these colours! great tag!
    tonyR

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for joining the DT from Simon Says Stamp and SHow with your fabby tags.... colors that you have used are absolutely great. Thank you for sharing Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete