Monday, December 5, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas, Day 3

You've got to check out the Day 3 Tag from Tim, if not for the tag at least for the video.  It's a classic. 

This tag drove me nuts, but I pushed on.  I don't have the large stamp that Tim uses in his creation,  and I did really have a stamp that leads itself to this technique.  So what to do.  I gathered up as many Seasonal Greeting Stamps that I have and laid them out in to a pattern that I liked.  I did this on a pices of cardboard and traced around each stamp.  Then I cut out the area where the stamp goes, thus creating a template, so that I can use the stamps again with the ink pad that I created for this tag.  I thought, man this is a lot of work!  I used some Graphic 45 paper for the rosette, and some more embossed holly leaves.  I used some MS glitter on a green piece of ribbon and added some littel bells. 

So I'm 3 days behind and will craft some more tommorow.  Will post again soon.  Please leave a comment so I know you where here and I will start making the rounds to see what you've been upto.
Stay safe

I will be entering this at Simon Says Stamp and Show as well as Inspiration Emporium Tim Holtz 12 Tags.

4 comments:

  1. Great tag! Love your composition and use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great tag I'm not surprised you are behind, they do look a lot of work, but great fun. I wish I had time to make any maybe at the weekend
    good luck with the rest
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have adapted Tim's technique to fit with what you as it makes it your own!! I still haven't caught up yet!! Never mind ey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like how you adapted your stamps to fit the tag. Very clever. And your rosette is beautiful. Thanks for joining the challenge at Simon Says Stamp & Show.

    ReplyDelete