Saturday, December 24, 2011

12 Tags of Christmas - Day 10

Well I'm down to the wire, but "Better late than never" as they say.  Here is my Day 10 tag.  I tried to follow Tim's inspiration as best I could, you can see his work here.

So the tag begins with lifting images from paper on to clear packing tape.  My daughter calls this technique "Tape Memories" and keeps them in a journal.  I really liked how this worked out, but I am always apprehensive about using Glossy Accents and Facets or Fragments.  I have a tendency to bugger this up, I may have opposable thumbs, but they are short and fat and normally make a mess when using Glossy Accents as glue.  Somehow through a Christmas miracle things went according to plan.  For the background I used a piece of sheet music glued to a tag stamped and clear embossed the pine branches, and glimmer misted the whole thing with heirloom gold perfect pearls mixed with tea dye in a mini mister.  The branch was cut from grunge board, painted with Espresso Dabber and coated with UTEE and I add some white sparkly stuff.  I made my own banner and made the letter using metal tape on card stock, run it the die cutter. Next drop Alcohol Ink directly on the metal tape side, let it dry and apply 2 coats of UTEE. The first coat of UTEE will pick up the AI and move it around abit, the second coat give depth to the object and the whole thing looks like it's made of glass.

So that was Day 10 and I will be entering this at Simon Says Stamp and Show as well as Inspiration Emporium Tim Holtz 12 Tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment