Thursday, August 11, 2011

Steampunk Mini Album

Greetings  and Welcome,
I am so happy to be posting mid-week rather than late Sunday.  Which means possible more crafting.  Or maybe 8 straight hours of sleep.   Anyway I done and that’s what counts. 
This week I took up the challenge at Studio L3 and Linda’s Grungy Monday Challenge # 19.  The challenge was once again the use, as inspiration, one of 12 Tags of Christmas from the Guru of Grunge, Tim Holtz.  In his tag, Tim has encased a snowman between an embossed piece of plastic packaging material and a #8 tag.  Sounds gruesome but looks really cool.  It also fits into Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge – Tim Holtz Technique so it’ll go up there as well. 
I have been itching to make the cool thing Shelly made a few months back and this is my twist.  If you’re thinking it looks unfinished or needs something it’s because I intend to use it as an interactive mini album insert type thingy and photos need to be selected. 
Everything is pretty straight forward die cutting and faux enamel embossing.  The really cool thing that I was pleased with was the embossed plastic.  I cut a circle to use behind one of white cogs.  I used the TH embossing folder that embosses on the corners (can’t remember what it’s called) and use only a small bit the larger corner embossing on the edge of the circle, ¼ turn – emboss and repeat.  After 4 times through the vagabond, and the edge of the circle was embossed making a frame within the cog.  So I easily amused, but that’s me. 
Ok so enough blather, tomorrow is a work day and I can’t be sleeping at my desk. 
Ciao for now. 

12 comments:

  1. This is awesome, what a fab book.your blog is great and your stuff looks really cool, thanks for stopping by my blog it made my day! Ta trace x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your take on this telescoping thingie and I'm sure the TH embossing packaging plastic really enhances it
    Frankie
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Way cool Brian! I love your Steampunk mini album! Definitely fits out theme of a Tim Technique! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.<3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes....a fabulous creation that isn't a tag! This is such a great mini album!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant! I love steampunk, and this is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love how this turned out!! So glad to have inspired you. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo Brian. This is lovely.
    Glad you put Shelly's link on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fantastic! Absolutely love it. And kudos on the plastic, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a cool creation Brian! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazingly creative album! Love the steampunk theme and that ingenious 4 corner embossing (must give that a try!). Great job with the TH technique challenge. So happy you joined in the fun with us this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cool Brian! Your Steampunk mini album excellent. Definitely fits out theme of a Tim Technique! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge.

    ReplyDelete