Sunday, August 21, 2011

Honey, Can you make me one of those?



We first saw grungeboard cuffs made by Kaz at The Shabby Little Shed, they were so very cool.  Braclets made from grungeboard, done up in a grungy style.  I wondered if I should try to make one.  We saw Sarah's at La-De-Dah and she called them grunge cuffs for Big Girls.  It was then when I heard the call.  Honey, Can you make me one of those?  So the weather this weekend cooperated (rained alot so kept us inside) and I took the time to give it a go.  So using the inspiration from these 2 very talented artist I dug around in the stash box got to work. 


The flower is made from Graphic 45 Metal Flowers, twisted and shaped with roundnose pliers, inked with AI in bottle, butterscotch, and rust.  The cuff is embossed grungeboard and inked with vintage photo and wild honey.  The center strip is gringe paper, embossed and inked with shabby shutters, forest moss and wild honey.  I applied 2 lengths of chain down the center of the grungepaper with some thin wire, just some simple stitching.  I had punched a hole in the center of the strip to allow for the brad to hold the flower in place and then I stitched the grungepaper to the grungeboard.  I used my paper piercer and the TH ruler, it make some nicely spaced holes and use some heavy black thread to bring the 2 pieces together.  A couple of hitch fasteners to hold it closed and a few well placed eyelets and my cuff was complete.


So I guess, Yes is the answer, I can make one of those ....or maybe 2.

10 comments:

  1. Brian my friend ... I don't know what you do in your We-Have-To-Pay-Bills-Sometime part of life ... but you should definitely consider switching to professional cuff designer.

    This is GORGEOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Love the design and colours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is gorgeous. I love it. Will you marry me - oops, you are already taken and besides I'm way too old for you. But seriously, you have inspired me to try something very steampunk for my daughter to wear to a con maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow wow and wow.Don't know what else to say except I want one!!!great stuff.trace x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love what you have done! Awesome! Thanks so much for the mention too, so kind of you, thanks for sharing your super cool make xx

    Kazx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is totally fantastic and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is great,love your style lucky lady.
    I saw Kaz's too and intented to make one , you have just reminded me thanks
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh oh oh! I WANT one! Gorgeeeeous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful creation Brian. Congrats on your win!

    ReplyDelete