Sunday, August 7, 2011

Deconstruction of Time

Welcome back, here it is August and time is no longer just flying, I mean where did July go?  This week I am sitting out of the Grungy Monday Challenge.  I was concerned that if I did not enter, my world would come crashing down around my head, but I discovered that it was not the case.  But please be sure o stop by Studio L3 and see Linda and all the great artist and their projects.








I am entering a tag into Simon Says Stamp and Show.   This week they said show a tag and I made a little Christmas tag to make up for not making one last week.   This tag started, courtesy of Gloria from ATT, with a gift of grunge board I received.  (I don’t know what I did, but thank you Gloria).  I embossed a piece of the grunge board with the Tim’s Snow Flurries embossing folder. (new purchase).  I cut out some of the snow flake, inked them with silver and coated with stickles.  I stamped the trees with Archival Sepia and hit it with some copper ink and some gold stickles.  The back ground is DI, Barn Door, Shabby Shutters and Mustard Seed.  Not your typical Christmas colors.  When the back ground was good and dry I stamped the snowflakes with antique linen and then brushed the flakes with antique gold and silver.  I added a few flourishes and stickled the edges. 


The second challenge came about by pure accident.  I was playing with Spellbinders, Sprightly Sprockets. I had a bunch cut out and the Weathered Clock.  I was mucking about with different embossing powders and had a nice looking finish using Liquid Platinum, Black Distressed and UTEE.  When cleaning up for the night I piled all the gears, cogs and clock piled up on a piece decorative paper.  In the morning, while sipping my coffee, I was looking at it and the phrase “The Deconstruction of Time” came in and stuck there.  So I am entering this piece into the Ginger Snaps Challenge.
So, 2 challenges done and another week finished.  Maybe next week time will resume it’s normal pace and allow for some fun family time.
Take care.

8 comments:

  1. Your tag is fabulous, especially the embossed edges (always love that technique).

    But really, your sprocket, gear and clock piece, holy COW! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2 fantastic pieces, love all these cogs and gears. The butterfly and the dragonfly give a wonderful finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your second piece being chosen for the home page art at Gingersnap Creations, Brian!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you were playing around when you created this beautiful piece! Thanks for joining us at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Destruction of Time piece is brilliant!

    Lucy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your tags, those trees are magnificent and your "The Deconstruction of Time" is wonderful. Congrats on winning over at Gingersnap Creations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous, I love the colours fab trace x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deconstruction of time is MAGNIFICENt!! Just love all of the metallic tones and the butterflies add a nice touch of softness. Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete