Sunday, July 24, 2011

Wallet Mini Album - GM 16

Another week has flown by and I ‘m just getting around to entering my project for the Grungy Monday Challenge. The week Linda asked for something made with grunge board or grunge paper.

Grunge board is one of the coolest products introduced to us by Tim Holtz.  So cool that I don’t hardly use it for fear of wasting it.  So I pushed back my fear and started to plan and play.  I decided to make a wallet styled mini album to hold a bunch of 4th of July inspired tags my wife had put together.  I dry embossed the grunge board using the technique of inking one side of the embossing folder.  Here I used spiced marmalade on the folder that used tea dye, vintage photo and forest moss to cover the rest of the board. 


I used tyvek to join the grunge board, a tip I picked up from Kathy Orta, of Paper Phenomenon, who folds paper like nobody’s business.  I think she’s brilliant.  Anyway I added 2 flaps of card stock and covered everything with the appropriate pages from Tim H’s Seasonal Stack in various ways to make an interactive mini album.  The tricky thing is to remember to leave enough space between the flaps to allow for the paper, tags, photos and whatever gets shoved in between.
 
The gold medallion started with a piece of chipboard, dabber with gold, inked with tea dye and dusted with perfect pearls.  Then I heat embossed with gold powder, smeared with stickles and inked with vintage photo.  And just for fun I coated in UTEE, twice.  I was hoping for a more distressed look, but I like how it turned out.  I curled the Graphic 45 Metal Flowers and AI’ed a floral bard, with butterscotch, for the center.  Used grunge paper to make the belt, twice with the sizzlets die and joined with eyelets. Inked up with same inks as the cover and dressed with a little charm. 
  I think this little book turned out quite alright and I think I will enter it into the Simon Say Stamp and Show Challenge for embossing as well.  And who knows maybe I throw my name into the hat for the open call for a new design team member.
Thanks for stopping by. 

12 comments:

  1. Go for it, throw your name in the hat! I love this design and the concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your folder looks great, and no waste at all. brilliant leather look to the outside
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the design team. I think you're brilliant and you'll certainly have lot of support from your peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool album Brian!! Good luck with the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A wonderful project, and I'm sure you'd be a great addition to the Simon Says team.
    xoxo
    Eileen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Brian,

    It's not completely clear to me how you assembled the wallet, but nevermind : it looks like a real keepsake !

    I also think it's great thay both you and your wife created something and that you can use both projects together and complement each other !

    greetings from belgium
    Inge

    ReplyDelete
  7. brilliant album! This is so neat! i love the leather like aspect of the covers! I think you can pop your name in to becole a Dt memeber! You certainly have a lot of talent!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice Brian! I love the color and look of the cover.
    Gail in Oklahoma-ATT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very, very cool!! I'm curious about the Tyvek to join the grungeboard - can you share more info?

    Thank you for sharing this with us on the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge! [Hope you did enter something in the DT call! Good luck!]

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is brilliant. Like you I am always afraid of using the grungeboard for fear of it being wasted but you certainly haven't wasted it today!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite alright you say?

    Pshaw!

    Your wallet is quite fantastic!

    ReplyDelete