Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I Robot or Robots are our Friends

Well I think I should thank Uncle Sam for lotsa extra time for crafting this weekend.  Unlike most families ‘round here go to the beach or BBQ.  Not that we didn’t enjoy the nice weather, and the fireworks, but here in our little neck of the woods we keep things simple. 
So on with the challenges, Linda want us to make something sparkly, Simon say’s “Show a Flourish”,  The Artistic Stampers are Hot, Hot, Hot and the Inspiration Emporium want us to emboss something.   Man ‘o man that’s 4 of my favorite things.  Julie Andrews has hers and I got mine.
This tag started with The Grungy Monday challenge at Studio L3 where Linda is one of the few time travelers that’s able to negotiate the vast continuum that is the web, find techniques from Tim Holtz, brings them out and challenges us to make something shiny and new.  She also brings in some guest to provide inspiration.  Check out the cool stuff the guest artist made this week.  And while you’re out and about check out Tim’s tutorial for 2008.
We picked up a quirky little stamp set from Technique Tuesday Rocket Man at the closest paper boutique to us, called Creative Inkling in Lahaska, PA.  We also had some other robot stamps from Oriental Trading Company.  One of the great things about having kids, is that you get use them as an excuse to be a kid yourself.  So armed with the stamps and faced with the challenges I set out to make a retro-future Buck Rodgers sorta themed tag for my daughter. 
Using the technique for GM 14 combined with Simon Says and Artistic Stampers.  I mixed up some hot colors with Perfect Pearls.  Stamped some flourishes from TM stamp sets in silver dauber and spritzed the background.  I think I strayed from the technique a little by using a piece of scrap paper to mask the straight edge on the Fired Brick bit, but blended the Spiced Marmalade and Mustard Seed.  After that it was easy peasy with stamping and embossing, got to play with the embossing pen on the rocket ship with our blue tinsel powder from Stampendous. 
Oh yeah, the robot was stamped and colored with several DIs using the pen nibs and then embossed with UTEE, 2 layers to give the enameled look.
Anyway, I rambled on long enough.  This is the Kraftman signing off, saying go make something and share it.

21 comments:

  1. Nice details. I love the colors and quirky robot and space ship.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brian this tag is so fun!! Loving that robot and the gears you used for the Os...everything is just fabulous! I'm sure your daughter LOVED it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Grungy Robot - How cool is that? Well done Brian!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Brian! Very fun "out of this world" tag! Great use of the flourishes in the background as your rocket is taking off! Love your ROBOT letters and your little grungy robot. Thanks for sharing your imaginative art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your rocket and robot tag!! Very cool use of all the different techniques and I love the lettering idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. the robot is my favorite, oh he's cool!
    great tag and what a way to get all those challenges in one!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cool indeed! What a fun twist on this theme.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun piece. I love your creativity - and totally agree with the 'being a kid' comment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with what everyone's said - this is great - but I particularly like the subtle stars - not because they are subtle but because it means you have to look and take in all the details and when you look some more there's still more to see. great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I love the robots and the gears!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun project! I love your robot man.All of your elements combine so well on the background you created. Your daughter will love this...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this is super fun and cool, love the robot and the O's in the word robot :D thanks for playing along with us @ The Artistic Stamper challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just fabulous! Enjoy your inner child I say (and the real ones!) Love the colours and the robot's shine is wonderful. Great tag this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cool! Love it! I'm a big robot fan! Kim

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now this is great fun and so cool! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay! I LOVE robots, and this little intergalactic scene completely made my day! Brian, you're brilliant! The stamps are darling, the design is delightful, and your GM14 technique is utterly perfect. This is one of my favorite pieces in the entire GM history!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How cute is this? I just love the colors and glossy look to your robot! Cool ROBOT lettering too! Wonderful entry into the flourish challenge. Thanks so much for taking our challenge this week at Simon Says Stamp and Show.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is such a fun tag Brian! I bet your daughter loved it! Thanks for picking The Artistic Stamper Challenge as one of your 'four'!!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool robot but great hot colours ;) Thanks for playing at The Artistic Stamper this month.
    xoxo Sioux

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great tag with fantastic elements, the little robot looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great Project....Thanks for Playing at IE...

    ReplyDelete