Sunday, July 17, 2011

Grungy Christmas in July

Just a quick post this week, too many things going on this week to allow for much crafting.  (Harry Potter week for us, from start to finish with a trip to the theater)
Linda at Studio L3 has provided the challenge and inspiration for the 15th Grungy Monday Challenge.  Her inspiration was truly magnificent.  Her valise looks absolutely fabulous.  The challenge this week is to use a 2007 Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas Technique, using clear embossing powder. 
While the great artists and crafters participating in the GM Challenge are doing some pretty cool things, I was feeling a bit all thumbs with this one.   I started with a decorative paper, used old paper DI for the base color and rusty hinge for the contrast.  Maybe it’s the powder or maybe it’s my eye, but I did not get the orange peel effect with the embossing but the colors took hold of my hand and bells rang in my head, Christmas Bells that is.  So while it’s nearing 90 degrees outside, it’s snowing on my work station.
Snowflakes were cut with MS punches and made into shiny glittery bits.  Stamped some more snowflakes and flourishes with TH stamps.   Added some clear glitter embossing on the some of the flourishes, stamped the 2 tone colors for the Season’s Greetings and I have my first Christmas tag for the year completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment