Sunday, June 26, 2011

Dream of Metal GM 12

Sunday Moring – Hot coffee, Breakfast with the Beatles and I’m finishing up with my Grungy Monday Challenge entry.  Not a bad way to end the week.
So this week Linda @ Studio L3 retrieved another Tim Holtz resist technique using clear embossing and decorative paper.  The technique is from 2008 and you can find it hereOne cool thing about the internet is we all can find out what Tim was doing in 2008, while I barely remember what I did last week.
So, what did I do…?   I cut a tag from a piece of black paper from DCWV Le Crème stack and used a polka dot background stamp for the embossing.  Using my gold dauber is followed the instructions and painted the tag. Waited, wiped and repeated with silver dauber.  The small tag is cut from the same stack; the flowers on the paper are flocked.  The paper for the pocket comes from DCWV Black Currant and I ran it through the vagabond with an on the edge die.  All the gears came out of the same machine using the mini gear set.  I had some thin copper and made it sticky backed with the Xyron machine.  Hammered one and inked it with alcohol ink and used it on the small tag.  The grey gear is chipboard, silver daubered and UTEED.  The flourish is chipboard with gold utee. The chain was in the stash and received a liberal dose of alcohol inks.  I don’t have the label maker so I improvised and used inked ribbon (seam binding) in rusty hinge and stamped the word “Dream”.  Distressed all edges with rusty hinge and was done.

Hey I was just informed that metal is the challenge theme at Simon Say Stamp & Show, so I'll enter there as well.

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous tag lots of techniques on this , beautifully crafted.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! A fabulous grungy tag Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm finally getting around to viewing all the lovely artwork from GM12. I love what you've done Brian. So much depth and detail. Just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all the details and doodads on your fabulous tag, Brian! Great colours and design. I see it was a beautiful sunny day there! Very jealous! I think we've only had about 4 days of sun this month! Ughh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Sunday morning sounds perfick Brian!! Almost as perfick as your tag!! It is gorgeous. And we have the start of the new one today - Wa hay!!!!
    Thanks for your kind comment on mine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab tag! Love the added hammered copper!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Brian. I may just have to pull out my UTEE today!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, you rocked this one! Must have been the background music playing...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sooo loving the sound of your Sunday morning! (I couldn't craft at all /cry) I'm also soooo loving your tag!The dots made a great background! Also great idea of the UTEE on the flourish. Just plain wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely tag. The different patterns work so well together. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful tag, great use of the swirl.

    ReplyDelete