Friday, May 13, 2011

Grungy Monday 6 Weathered Wood


Hello Krafters, I am so glad to be posting my submission for the Grungy Monday 6 Challenge, which you can find details on Linda’s blog at Studio L3.  (Blogger was down for maintenance on Wednesday for a ½ hr and finally is back up).  This week’s challenge was to set your way back machine to the year 2007 and see Tim Holtz create a wood grain effect using paint dabber resist technique.  Check out the step by step tutorial here!

Since I had the time machine all fired up and ready to go I ventured further into my own past to find the inspiration for my piece.  I have decided to try to incorporate the GM challenges into the project that has been on my work bench for some time now. 

For this tag I used my silver dabber with tumbled glass and rusty hinge DI.  The corners are stamped with weather wood and silver perfect pearls.  Stamped some flourishes and added some bling and a flower.  The photo corners were made with a MS punch and dabbered with silver and gold.  Thanks for visiting, until next time, Mr. Peabody take me home!

17 comments:

  1. Your distressed wood and stamping makes a great background for such a lovely photo Brian. Very Romantic feel to it. It looks like you chose the best day of the year for your wedding (( my birthday)lol....Donna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a romantic piece - very beautiful. Want one for my wedding photo now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. look just great - the muted tones are perfect for this image.
    Sarah at 35

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous grungy background for your romantic wedding photo Brian! Love it!
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a lovely tag Brian. This is my first time here so I will be going to have a nosey round your blog. Thank for commenting or I may never have found you

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Brian. Thanks so much for your nice comment left on my blog. I had to say, I love your tag as well!!! Tumbled Glass and Rusty Hinge...beautiful together! And the silver paint dabber...really cool! Beautifully done! <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian this is a fabulous work! I like the combination of colors and until I read it was a tag, I would have sworn it was a wooden frame! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your color combination! I wouldn't have guessed them but they looks great together. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful tag again Brian. Gonna have to get tumbled glass now!! You always make me buy colours I dont have!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Brain you certainbly got this technique mastered. I love the feel of the wood created with those colors. And the photo corners- i was sure they were made of metal1 bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tag...the soft colors compliment the lovely photo! take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your tag is beautiful. You sure nailed the technique. And your lovely photo is fun to see as well. So - is it an anniversary project?????

    ReplyDelete
  13. Brian, this is beautiful!!! The photo is gorgeous and the faux woodgrain frame you created compliments it perfectly. Something for you and your wife to treasure always!

    I love that you referenced the Bullwinkle show in your post!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Brian - nice to meet you. Saw your message over on ATT yahoo group and thought I'd drop by and see what's goin' on over here *smiles*. I like what I see!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've dropped by from ATT too, although it isn't the first time I've been here :)
    Lovely piece: Great colours and embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  16. lovely tag, the photo looks so intimate but you have done it justice.
    janet

    ReplyDelete