Friday, May 6, 2011

GM 05 Embeded Object


Well Easter is over and it’s back to crafting.  Thank goodness Linda at Studio L3 was busy with Ranger U and gave us an extra week for submitting an entry in the Grungy Monday Challenge.  This go round was a TH technique to embed a found object.  Check out this really fun technique here! 
I’ll have to admit I wasn’t feeling up to the challenge and was thinking I would take a pass, but the Easter Bunny brought some new toys and I was itching to play. 
I used my new LaBlanche Apple Blossom stamp with sepia archival ink, used DI to colorize the image with Peeled Paint, Worn Lipstick and Mustard Seed. I even got to use my favorite tool for inking: the good ol’ Q-tip.  I cut the image out, found the crazy little bird brooch in our thrift store treasure stash, and things started taking shape.  A little DI ink on the edges, a subtle flourish in the corners, some metal bits and voila!  Doesn’t he look dashing sitting in the apple tree? 
Happy Mother’s Day!

13 comments:

  1. He DOES look dashing!

    The blossom branch is perfect, and I happen to have a little of that brocade-design paper myself ... isn't flock WONDERFUL? You've used it very effectively!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very unique design and love the colour mix...
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. You outdid yourself again! I love the detail of your new stamp, and the idea to have the tiny bird 'sitting' in the tree was so creative. I'm glad you decided to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is simply stunning! I love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incredible work. Love the tree blossoms, but then the birdie in the cutout just makes this piece. Nice attention to detail too! Love it. take care, gerri

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Brian! This piece is so subtle but has so many great elements! I LOVE that bird, and the way you framed it is wonderful. Love the apple blossom branch too! (Thanks for visiting my blog!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Brian - your talent is in your details! Love your dapper little bird

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful Brian! Love your composition!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your little bird and the other charm too. Nice job of inking and yes your bird looks dashing in the apple tree...Donna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another lovely piece Brian. Love that paper down the side. I thought it was a stamp and was going to ask whose! That bird is a cutie. Thanks for your visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the memo pin...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW i love the blossom branch, and the paper down the side suits this creation too,the bird is the perfect finishing touch,i adore it.thanks for sharing!
    Hugs June
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes he does look dashing in this beautiful spring inspired background! I think you did a great job with the round insertion. It is not easy to make such a niche! The bird is a little treasure and seems home in the scenery you created for him.

    ReplyDelete